Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's very true, we tend to write when we've got something to get out and vent about, and not so much when we are satisfied. At least, that's true of me. So I just wanted to say here, all is well. It's the first Thursday I haven't breathed a huge sigh of relief to have FINALLY reached, which means my vitamin D levels must just be absolutely humming along. It's Nate's birthday, and I am glad he has been alive for 27 years. For exactly 2 months of every year, I get to be only 2 years older than him. (We were both born on 7 dates, and our Enneagram numbers are 7s... yay numerology.)

I am preparing for a season of travel. I've got all the tedious prep stuff basically in place, and that is GREAT. I'm also pondering writing a book, almost the way you ponder having a baby. I know enough about both from experience to approach with fear & trembling. Nate says this is a healthy thing, and that helped. I will never write for the sake of writing. I want to entertain, and help. There are a lot of books out there that don't need to be out there. Mostly, I'm scared of entering the public arena again, where you get haters. But a life without haters is a life half-lived. I've got opinions, I might as well share them.

p.s. I was noticing how often I write in CAPITALS to express my EMOTIONS. And thinking that might be silly. But then I just came across Martha Beck saying this. "You learned how to act abstemious, not needy. You learned never to show anyone how much you wanted something, or let people see how thrilled you were to get it. Most of us believe that overt demonstrations of either desire or fulfillment are deeply unwise, that they leave us frighteningly vulnerable in both personal and professional settings, that they attract sharks.

My observations suggest that this belief is composed mainly of road apples. My least successful clients, the ones who just can't seem to get their lives together, tend to be the most obsessed with hiding their emotional reactions." Probably because emotions are where the truth is.