Thursday, March 29, 2012

relatedness

“Relatedness is a signal of soul. By allowing the sometimes vulnerable feelings of relatedness, soul pours into life and doesn’t have to insist on itself symptomatically. This family, this friend, this lover, this mate is the manifestation of the motivating force of life itself and is the fountain of love that keeps the soul alive and full.” (Thomas Moore)

I love this quote so much I want to eat it. If there was one quote for this season of my life (and hopefully for the rest of my life) it would be this one. I've been pushing myself out of my nest to connect with people every day for over a week and I feel like a different person. Vulnerability is a risk that I'm feeling ready to take again in new ways. It took awhile. Couldn't force that. Practice, practice, practice with good people.